News

Nick Nairn shares devastating pics of fire-hit restaurant as he teases rebuild


Scots superstar chef Nick Nairn shared “grim” footage of the within of a restaurant that burned down final summer time – as he revealed {that a} rebuild was on the horizon.

The 63-year-old’s Bridge of Allan eatery went up in flames in late August 2021.

A fireplace is assumed to have began in a malfunctioning fryer within the kitchen earlier than tearing by means of the complete complicated.

Miraculously, workers and visitors alike escaped unhurt regardless of the blaze taking maintain throughout a busy service interval.

In a tweet despatched early on Monday night, Nick revealed he had returned to the scene to take away the handful of things that hadn’t been wrecked by the inferno, and shared photographs of the scorched inside.



The inside of Nick Nairn's scorched Bridge of Allan restaurant
The within Nick Nairn’s scorched Bridge of Allan restaurant

The footage present that little had been spared by the blaze, with the inside blackened with smoke. A couple of steel pots gave the impression to be the one salvageable tools.

And the chef additionally revealed that he meant to start rebuilding the restaurant as quickly as doable after native planners signed off on a allow to demolish the wrecked constructing.

He wrote: “Grim afternoon removing the few salvageable items from Nick’s BofA, prior to the demolition of the rear building.

“On the optimistic facet we lastly now have a constructing warrant and hopefully work on rebuilding can quickly begin.”



Nick Nairn says the Bridge of Allan eatery will be rebuilt
Nick Nairn says the Bridge of Allan eatery will likely be rebuilt

Have you eaten at Nick’s eating places? Let us know in the feedback.

Nick – who made his title because the youngest ever Scottish chef to win a Michelin star within the Nineties – nonetheless operates one other restaurant underneath his Nick’s model within the Stirlingshire village of Port of Menteith.

His Cook School, additionally in Port of Menteith, closed in the beginning of the coronavirus pandemic and was lately broken by flooding.

He additionally prepares menus for the luxurious Hilton Doubletree Dunblane Hydro lodge, and has appeared on reveals like Ready Steady Cook and Landward.

The return of the Bridge of Allan restaurant was promised virtually instantly after the fireplace, and an announcement on the Nick’s web site affirms the restaurateur’s willpower to re-open the venue.

It reads: “We are so proud of the bravery of our whole team, who showed strength we could never have expected, and evacuated a full capacity restaurant in under 90 seconds.

“We’re closed on Henderson Street for the foreseeable, however we miss our beautiful little village terribly.

“We cannot thank our whole community and beyond for all the kind words and support. We are truly honoured to know such wonderful people.

“We’ll be again, we promise. We must rebuild and restart however we will not wait to welcome you again in 2022.”



Little has been left undamaged in the fire at the Bridge of Allan eatery
Little has been left undamaged within the hearth on the Bridge of Allan eatery

Nick lately informed fellow telly chef James Martin that 2021 had been one of many hardest years he had skilled.

Speaking on an version of James Martin’s Saturday Kitchen in March, he stated: “The restaurant in Bridge of Allan burnt to the ground. Within about five minutes of it starting it was properly ablaze.

“We have been on the different restaurant they usually phoned and stated ‘We’re not going to lie, it is not good.’

“Throw in a fairly biblical flood and it was the perfect storm. We have had to adapt and 2022 has got to be better.”

Don’t miss the newest information from round Scotland and past – Sign as much as our day by day e-newsletter right here.




Source hyperlink

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

close